Self discovery is the best gift to yourself

Personal growth has to be intentional. We have to take ownership of our growth because we will not simply improve by accident.

I’ve decided to make myself a priority in my life.

Self discovery is the best gift I have given to myself.

It has allowed me to grow in my own terms without having someone to tell me how to.

And by doing this I am becoming the person I want to be rather than the person I was told to be.

And a lot of people think that putting myself first is selfish. But putting myself first simply means taking a stand, looking at myself and saying:

I’m going to do everything in my power to see myself succeed and reach my dreams. I’m going to make the best choices in my life including the people that I surround myself with, people that add nothing but value to me.

And once you decide to love who you are, you can then take the love that you have for yourself and spread it to other people because without that self love, you limit to pour into the lives of other people and add value to them.

Living the best version of yourself inspires other people to live the best version of themselves too.

How did you decide that you wanted to make a change in your life within yourself and your mindset? And secondly, how did you make it stick?

I knew that I wanted to make a change in my life the moment that I decided that I was going to be the only person who was going to determine my happiness. I was going to be the only person who was going to define me.

And how did you make it stick? I pushed.

I pushed through all the negative thoughts. I pushed through all the negative self-talk, and it wasn’t easy.

I always had a craving to know myself deep and if you want to know that badly, anything is possible.

I know that the relationship that I have with myself is the most important relationship.

The relationship that you have with yourself is the most important relationship. How you treat yourself and how you treat yourself is how you see and how you treat other people. How can you expect to give love if you can’t give love to yourself first?

Are the relationships that you have in your life helping you grow into the person you want to become?

Ask yourself: am I adding value to me?

The people you surround yourself with have a big impact and influence on you and your growth. But you have the biggest impact and influence on you.

Make a change. Don’t just place a small amount of value on yourself because rest assured: the world will not raise your price. Know your worth. Start focusing on yourself, developing yourself, improving yourself: good things will come and know that the space between where you are now currently and where you want to be is growth. And the thing called life that happens in between is hard but it’s beautiful.

1 Like

Think about a close friend of yours. The longer you spent time with them, the more you learn about them and the closer you become. And it’s exactly the same with yourself.

The more you focus your energy on getting to know yourself, spending time with yourself, the more you learn about yourself and the closer you will become to yourself, and let me tell you that it is such a beautiful feeling when you realize how close you are becoming to yourself.

1 Like